I was just checking the khr tag and I saw this post saying in big letters, “Ryohei is free.”
And for the longest moment I was completely confused and thinking it must be like some sort of super-enigmatic spoiler for the new chapter or something. But at the same time, it was exciting, you know? RYOHEI IS FREE. “Oh man, don’t even tell me someone let some motherfucking Ryohei on the loose! Hell yes, he’s gonna kick some ass.”
And I don’t even know how many seconds passed before I realized, hey, wait, THAT MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE.
where I would like to live: California. I’d go with the (probably) more obvious Japan, but that’s really more of a case of “where I’d like to have been born.” Moving there at this point in my life unfortunately would be hella inconvenient on top of being extremely unlikely, so I’ll just have to settle for MapCrunching it and sighing wistfully instead. ;_; Cali, on the other hand, is a more reachable goal, and the weather there is also perfect all the time so hey…
favorite movie: The Empire Strikes Back. Forever and always. It is flawless.
What my name means: "Makeste" is actually the words "makes" and "the" smooshed together, with the ‘h’ then taken out because I liked it better that way idk. I got the name from a typo on a fortune cookie. EPIC NAME ORIGIN GET.
Favorite female character from a TV show: Arya Stark from Game of Thrones. Or River Tam from Firefly. I love them both to an insane degree so it’s kind of hard to decide, waugh…! *flails*
- Hugo was a good film and so far I think it’s deserved all the awards it got with the exception of Best Visual Effects; I didn’t think its effects were as polished as they could have been. But it’s a shame that half of tumblr is getting their rage-on for it just because it beat HP in all the awards. I mean, Deathly Hallows was my favorite film of 2011 but I have a sneaking suspicion that anyone who thought it stood a chance at winning any oscars has never actually SEEN THE OSCARS. orz.
- Will Ferrell is still my favorite.
- Bret McKenzie is shockingly hot. Like, holy shit. Disappointed they didn’t have the Muppets actually perform the song, but clearly they’re doing their best to minimize the music awards as much as possible… am kinda cracking up at the fact that there were only two nominees.
- Billy Crystal is not as funny as I was hoping for thus far. :( He’s trying, but… it’s kinda sad. XD
- Emma Stone is also my favorite.
- I’m familiar with more of the nominated films than I usually am but I still have like never even heard of half the Best Picture nominees… EXTREMELY LOUD & INCREDIBLY CLOSE, WHAT EVEN IS THAT. I thought the point of opening up 5 extra slots in the category was so the academy could also nominate a few films that weren’t the stuffy artsy kinds of films they usually nominate… NOT MORE OF THEM.
- Rooting for Gary Oldman, Rooney Mara, Martin Scorsese, and The Artist for the big four. Here’s hoping. o/
ETA: Well at least I got one. XD And I got mad love for Jean Dujardin so no hard feelings on that one. I kinda had a feeling The Artist was going to try to sweep the big awards lol.
All in all, not the greatest Oscar telecast I’ve ever sat through, but it had a few good moments. Here’s looking forward to next year when The Hobbit wins fucking everything.